Thursday, July 10, 2014

Crunch Time!

10 more days until the race.


When I first signed up for the Half Marathon, it was more than 100 days away, and I had quite a bit of doubt that I could do it.  I figured I would get an injury while training, slack off, and get a refund from my bid.  Early on I had felt discomfort in my hip, but I kept going.  I had felt exhausted, thinking to myself "... you really are crazy", but I kept going.  The thought of removing my spot from the race was devastating.
So I kept going.




I can't tell you how many times I've been on this treadmill,
but it's a lot.

Not to get all over dramatic, but this treadmill, this lonesome treadmill sitting in my [future] in law's house, changed my life.  When I originally started simply to get in shape, this is where it all started. It's when I realized I can push myself.  I am in control.  And quite simply, YOLO!  So I started adding mileage, and instead of the treadmill collecting dust, it has collected my sweat... lots of it. Oh, and you want to know my glorious view when I run? The view that strives me to keep going? Let me show you.  Prepare to be blown.









A framed deer puzzle, and a baby portrait of my fiance.

Classy right?  In a way it's quite relaxing.  Sometimes I like to think I'm in that forest.  Or what Jake was laughing at while sitting in that chair.  

But mostly I just zone out at the ceiling.







Today I ran a comfortable but solid 4 miles.

I could've done more, but this week has been physically tiring due to my early work shifts, and running after being awake for 12 hours.  But somehow I've been feeling great once I start running, but my muscles need as much rest as possible.  Anyways, on Saturday I plan on running 10 miles at the Woodcock Dam, so that will be loads of fun!  It will be the last weekend of training, so I'm going to make it count!
















No comments:

Post a Comment