Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Here, we... go.

Once again, it's been quite some time since my last post.


To start where we left off, I got a job in February at WJET-TV as a CG.
I can honestly say, this is the first job I've ever had that I actually enjoy.  I never feel like I'm working, and the coworkers are great.  I've been there for 5 months now and it's been an awesome experience.

Now the sad but happy part.  About a month ago, I was finally contacted by the postal service and was offered a position.  Starting at almost double what I make at Jet, and most likely more hours, the right choice for me was to accept it.  I'll be leaving Jet in a couple weeks but it will be for the better. (I will miss you ALL! )







On May 23rd I finally got my college grad gift!
My first car...a '99 Dodge Stratus. 76,000 miles, super clean inside and out, a sunroof, and a pretty rad color. Thank you Mom and Dad, I no longer have to beg you (or my sister) to pick me up from work at 11:30pm. 






Last but not least, I've done a 180 with my health, and I couldn't be happier with it.
I've lost about 23 pounds (and still counting), and I'm running a Half Marathon in about 12 days. 
... 
TWELVE.

When I first signed up for the race I was straight up petrified.  But it's crazy what you can do when you put your mind to it, and I'm now very excited and confident that I can do this! Everyday I can imagine running the course and I just can't wait to conquer it and check it off my list.  Who knows, maybe this is just the beginning with running long distance!

Don't worry friends, I plan to keep blogging about my running adventures/races.. so stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment